Leadership for Lawyers was engaged by an Amlaw 200 firm to provide business development and leadership professional development to a cohort of senior associates, counsel, new partners and lateral hires. The goal was to provide training and support to help them in their new role as a partner in the firm, with an emphasis on business development.
The program included interactive training in the areas of:
- Building an effective network
- Articulating a value proposition and a verbal business card
- Consultative sales process for lawyers
- Using social media for business development
- How clients buy legal services (and how that is changing)
- Developing a business development plan
- Managing a pipeline
- Leading others and delegation
- Creating high performing teams
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Gaining influence and persuasion
- Developing a personal leadership plan
We used the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI II), and debriefed both one-on-one and in a group, focusing on how to improve communication, persuasion and business development effectiveness.